Saturday, October 6, 2007

ROCKTOBER

Holy Frijoles, the Rockies just swept the Phillies to continue on to the NLCS for the first time in team history!! If you don't already know, the rockies ended their season to win 14 of their last 15 games to get the national league wildcard spot in this year's playoffs. And that was just the 2nd time in team history too! And after a 13-inning game against the Padres to get the wildcard! Wow. I've been up watching the game all night, and time flew because it was so close and suspenseful... I was so stressed out watching it. Now I've got to sit back and read a book or something until the adrenaline wears off and I calm down. I think I definitely need to get a Rockies hat soon!

The governor of Colorado has officially declared it to be Rocktober, so lots of the news stations are following suit.

In other news, the CU Buffaloes beat 3rd ranked Oklahoma State last weekend, and destroyed Baylor today (43-32)! Also very exciting, since the buffs haven't been too awesome in recent years. It is so exciting to be in Colorado now!!

Following are a few screenshots of local headlines... GO ROCKIES!





No comments: