Wednesday, May 2, 2007

end of semester craziness

It's been a while since my last update (almost a week!) but I have a good excuse I promise. It's the end of the semester, and I've been working like crazy on my 2 research projects and 2 presentations. I finished up with one presentation last Tuesday, and I just finished writing a huge research paper tonight yay! For those of you who are curious, the research paper is 24 pages of info about the HYCOM ocean model, and its three differential vertical circulation submodels, and then I threw in a design for an experiment because the professor wanted us to do "original research," but HYCOM takes 23-24 hrs to run, and I would need to run it at least 3 times (talk about a run-on sentence!). Anyways, one more research paper (but it'll be an annotated bibliography, so it's like doing the research for a paper but not really writing it), and a presentation about this fluids paper I just finished, and I'll be done for the semester. It all ends May 7, which should give my brain a week to recover before my birthday!!

More posts, including photos from the cake baking class I took last weekend, will resume around May 7!

No comments: