Monday, June 25, 2007

funny stuff

I hope this post doesn't make me sound like too much of a crazy liberal tree-hugging maniac or anything, but the Union of Concerned Scientists is doing a contest for political cartoons, and a few of them are pretty funny. You can vote for which cartoon you like the best, and the winner of the contest gets some cool prizes.

The UCS was formed to protect the integrity of scientific research. In recent years, there have been many instances of the government censoring scientific research reports regarding things like global climate, endangered species, and drug safety (ie: prescription drugs). Anyways, the comic below totally made me laugh out loud. If you want to check out the others, and even vote, you can go to http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_integrity/science_idol/

Fair warning, though, I think they might send you emails if you vote, but you can probably opt out of that. You don't have to give them any info to see the cartoons, though. Oh, and some of the cartoons seemed a little more sad than funny to me. That's all... end of warning and on to my favorite!

No comments: